Best Ranked Athlete
Updated July 3, 2015 Your company can name and present these awards!Contact usto discuss. The mission of this site is to motivate older people to be active and promote masters sports starting with athletics (track & field) . I thought awards for the best ranked athletes would be great and fun way to do this. The awards will be crystal trophies plus a cash award. These awards are not intended to replace or compete with any other award. We deeply respect all national and world federations and their recognition of masters athletes. A mathematical calculation using rankings listed on this site will be used to determine who receives these awards. This is a quality participation award not and exceptional achievement award. The World Rankings lists are incomplete and a leader board is inappropriate in my opinion without having more nations properly represented. The North American lists have complete Canadian and US rankings plus athletes from Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America so North America leader boards for 2013 and 2014 are posted. Do you have meet results that are not listed? Click here to submit complete meet results and help these lists be more complete.2013 North America Leader Board2014 North America Leader BoardThe scoring system probably needs to be refined or maybe there is a better, more appropriate system that should be used. Please look at the leader boards and suggest improvements.
- The Best World Ranked Masters Athlete Award will be given to the athlete with the top points score;
- The Best Ranked African, Asian, European, North American, Oceanic, South American Masters Athlete Award will be given to the athlete with the top points score in each of the respective continents. The award recipient must be a citizen of a nation within the continent;
Proposed Scoring:(for Best Ranked African, Asian, European, North American, Oceanic, South American Masters Athlete Award)
- Athletes earn points for ranking in each ranked event (there will be and are events listed on this site that are not considered official rankings. The criteria for an event to have an official ranking is for it to be contested at a WMA championship with some exclusions);
- Points would be reverse rankings for the Top 25 (#1 – 25 pts, #2 – 24 pts…#25 – 1 pt);
- Performance thresholds must be exceeded:
- 1-5 must exceed 90% age grading;
- 5-10 must exceed 87.5% age grading;
- 11-15 must exceed 85% age grading;
- 16-20 must exceed 82.5% age grading;
- 21-25 must exceed 80% age grading;
- Like the goal for real time lists everywhere else on this site, there will be a monthly scorecard that shows athletes’ standing.
I have no idea when the awards will be sent because there are so many more results that need to be obtained and uploaded. All rankings awards will be sent when rankings lists are finalized or winners are definitively known. Rankings awards are final and irrevocable once sent.